The names Law as a Second Language® and Law Explorers Incorporated and the pronouns "we," "our," and "us" refer to the owner and operator of the Law as a Second Language® website. The pronouns “you” and “your” refer to those who visit or use the Law as a Second Language® website.
Collection and use of personal information
We collect the following personal information from you:
- contact information (such as name, email address, mailing address, or phone number);
- unique identifiers (such as user name, account number, or password).
We may also collect the following information from you:
- information about your business (such as company name, company size, or business type);
- demographic information (such as age, education, gender, interests, or zip code).
As is true of most websites, we automatically gather information about your computer (such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system). We use this information to:
- fulfill your order,
- assess the needs of your business to determine suitable products,
- send product updates or warranty information,
- respond to customer service requests,
- administer your account,
- respond to your questions and concerns,
- improve our website and marketing efforts,
- conduct research and analysis,
- list you in our member directory.
We enable you to create a profile and share information (such as messages or photos) with others. Please note that we cannot control the actions of others with whom you may choose to share your pages and information.
We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us. We may also disclose your personal information:
- as required by law (such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process);
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- if Law as a Second Language® or Law Explorers Incorporated is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the Law as a Second Language® website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information;
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
Our Web pages may also contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) that are set by our third party partners. Web beacons are used along with cookies enabling our partners to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site is used. We use a third party to gather information about how you and others use the Law as a Second Language® website. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how this website is used.
Links to other websites
The Law as a Second Language® website includes links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from those of Law as a Second Language® and Law Explorers Incorporated. If you submit personal information to any of those websites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website that you visit.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. If you have any questions about security on the Law as a Second Language® website, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Law as a Second Language® website offers a publicly accessible wiki. Any information that you provide in the publicly accessible portions of this wiki may be read, collected, and used by others who access the wiki.
Correcting and updating your personal information
To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, contact us at email@example.com.
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes, we will notify you by means of a notice on the Law as a Second Language® website prior to the change becoming effective. Please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you prefer that we send a notification to you by email. We encourage you to periodically review this page and the Recent Changes page for the latest information about our privacy practices.
You can contact us about this privacy statement by mail at the address below:
- Law Explorers Incorporated
- 2617C West Holcombe Blvd.
- # 134
- Houston, Texas
You can also contact us about this privacy statement by email at this address:
- email: email@example.com